Monday, April 13, 2009

It's been a while, we've been riding!

It's been a while since I have updated this blog. The kids and I have been riding and enjoying the Big Dummy. I've added new seats onto a new snap deck. The Snap Deck was made from shelving that my neighbor was throwing out. The Snap Piece replacement was homemade from PVC tubing custom mitered and trimmed to fit, then screwed into the deck with drywall screws. I'll order the real Snap pieces soon as I do believe them to be superior to my homemade version. On top of the deck is the reason for the whole build, the Crazy Creek Kids Chair. I copied with credit this idea from shizzknits on Flikr. I am thinking of a wooden seat setup like stoutag has on his bike. Or even the most excellent bikerfish setup. Many great idea's via the internet.


































As you can see, we ride mostly to the downtown Baton Rouge area, LSU area and the River front area. Many more adventures left in these spots. One of our favorite destinations is City Community Park. It is located near the LSU lakes and the golf course to the north of the lakes. It is one of the best parks in Baton Rouge and hopefully many more will follow.





































Mike the Tiger is a close bike ride from the park. We like to get to the cage early when Mike is playful, otherwise, he is taking a cat nap. Mike has one of the best habitats I've seen for a tiger. It's got a waterfall, a small stream, and a pond for Mike to swim and wade in.

























No comments:

Post a Comment