Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Starting the new year right.

I placed the order for a Surly Big Dummy from Bill at Dirtroad bicycles. I hope the have the frame on the 9th of January '09. Also on order is the Longtail kit from Xtracycle. I intend to move some parts from my commuter bike over to the Dummy until I can sell enough stuff to buy replacements. I'll need another rear wheel with a gear hub. First choice would be the Rohloff Speedhub with 14 gears. Second choice and posibly the most reasonable is the Shimano Alfine hub. The Alfine hub with 8 speeds is really all I need in Baton Rouge, but aiming for the Speedhub is a posibility. A front wheel with disc and rim brake capability is also needed. 36 hole drilling of course. Disc brakes will eventually be installed at both ends, but for the first few rides, I will have to do with rim jobs. I will be working hard at getting the dummy ready for hauling the kids. Getting Landon willing to ride on the bike instead of in the trailer will be difficult but necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment