Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Big Dummy is complete.




Well, the Big Dummy has arrived. It was received just after I left DRB to feed Landon and put him down for a nap. Perfect timing. I would have been able to start building the bike during Landon's nap if it had come in just a little sooner. No matter. We picked it up and started the process of moving parts from my daily commuter over to the Dummy after he woke up. The process was slow since I don't do this all day every day, but between watching Landon, feeding, ni night, etc. it was more than half done by the time I was tired enough to go to sleep. I finished it the next day and brought it to Bill to have him cut the steerer tube and seat the star nut since he had better tools for that than I did. This bike will have to be my commuter until I can buy replacement parts for the 1x1. I want to have both bikes built at the same time. I did get a free set of used disc hubs that I can build into wheels. Bill will talk me through the process when I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment